All students at BHS are required to open an account at Turnitin, one of the top anti-plagiarism websites in existence. Your teacher will help walk you through setting up an account if you are unfamiliar with Turnitin.
Also, plagiarism is an offense that we take very seriously at BHS. The following information can also be found in the Policies page on this website:
Plagiarism: We as a department have a zero-tolerance policy on plagiarism. Be advised that committing plagiarism in any form on an English paper carries the following consequences:
- The paper/assignment receives a zero
- A plagiarized essay in British Literature does not complete the course’s requirement of a satisfactory term paper; the assignment will still have to be completed to the teacher’s satisfaction, despite the zero.
- The incident must be reported to the department head
- A first offense may be submitted to administration
- Any second offense, even if in two different classes, will be turned in to administration
- The department head will recommend that the student not be admitted into National Honor Society
- All other punishments are at the discretion of the classroom teacher.
So what is plagiarism?
Plagiarism 101 (click here to open a .pdf)