Practice with Capitals
In the following sentences, circle any letters that should be capitalized.
- our winter cruise in the caribbean began in san juan, puerto rico.
- the ship i took was greek and was named the s.s. britanis.
- ports of call included st. thomas, virgin islands, an american possession.
- the virgin islands, i learned, once belonged to denmark.
- the book sailing in the caribbean has much information for travelers.
- on new year’s day we arrived in martinique, a french island.
- the empress josephine, wife of napoleon, was born in martinique.
- in 1902, the volcano mt.pelei destroyed the former capital of st. pierre.
- st. pierre is now known as the ‘pompeii’ of the western world.
- Our chandris cruises, inc. ship left martinique late wednesday night and arrived in st. vincent early thursday morning.